Thursday, October 30, 2014

Festivals

The last two weekends we've gone to two very important festivals.

First, Train Fest!
O loved Train Fest. We drove to Jackson, LA, about 45 minutes away, and spent the morning checking out all the neat model train layouts the Baton Rouge Model Train Society had on display.
They had every size you could think of. From Z scale, where the whole layout fit inside a suitcase, to O scale outside. We even got to see them refill the steam engine outside so O could see how it works.
We met one of O's friends there that also loves trains and had a great time!



I think this garden layout was O's favorite. It had a trolley running up above and he loved it!
That night we tried on his ghost costume to see how it fit and he wanted to wear it all night.



The next weekend we had our Ward Fall Festival.
Mike was sick and I had spent the day helping set up, so we were a little tired by the time we got there, but we all had a great time!
O was such a cute ghost! He loved going around to each of the carnival games and then thought the trunk-or-treat was awesome. He's so cute when he says, "Trunk-or-treat!" He's also getting better at putting his hands up and saying "Boo!"



I made this bean bag toss and I think it turned out alright! :)

O and I have also been feeling a little crafty.
We decided we needed some Halloween decorations, so we made some...
The third eye was O's idea and I think it was perfect!

I've been wanting to make a wreath and we had a crafting Relief Society activity the other night, so I took advantage of the time and whipped this up. I like how simple it is. :)

Now we're just getting ready to go meet our sweet new niece and see everyone over the holidays!

1 comment:

  1. And she is excited to meet you and oliver in just a week or so! Also that is the cutest ghost I have ever seen ;)

    ReplyDelete