Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Lizard, Round 2

One thing I am still leary of here in Louisiana is the critters. They're everywhere! Crickets the size of your head, cockroaches infesting almost every building, and lizards everywhere. I don't mind critters when they're outside, I even enjoying checking out the giant crickets at the Swamp Center, but I don't really appreciate it when they're in my home. I'm a little squeamish that way. We're so blessed to have a good manager who sprays regularly, so except for a couple medium-sized spiders, the cockroach that came back from the beach with us, and that little lizard from last fall, we haven't had any critters inside. It figures that just when I start to let my guard down...
One night last week I lost my phone. I was searching the living room for it and thought it might have fallen down in the couch. Against my better judgement, I simply stuck my hand down the side of the cushion and started to dig around. I felt something hard, but not phone shaped, so I dug it out. I pulled out a dead, smushed, dried-up lizard. I of course scream, dropped it, walked across the room, and began to laugh so hard I almost couldn't stand up! Oh my heck, poor little lizard! Mike got pictures, he was cracking up! So nasty.



No comments:

Post a Comment