Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Lizard?!

One morning last week I woke up to find a lizard in our bathroom! I was so stunned and sleepy that I couldn't think of what to do before he scuttled under the door to the water heater closet. Usually I'm pretty tough when dealing with small creatures, but a small reptilian creature? Apparently not, because I had this silly fear of the little guy! Mike was at school until afternoon, so I shoved a bath mat under the door to block the lizard in until he got home to take care of it.
 Mike found out that they just come in sometimes as the weather starts to cool off, and if you just whack them with a newspaper it stuns them so you can take them outside. So, after he got home we unbarred the door and waited for our lizard friend to come out of hiding. Mike then caught him in the dustpan and let him go outside. It was quite the eventful day!
I couldn't bear the thought of him scuttling across my baby, so Oliver took his nap in the swing that day.

Here he is. He changed color depending on his background.

Here he is after Mike let him go outside. He looked a little smaller when Mike caught him then he did when I saw him in the bathroom that morning, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment