Thursday, September 25, 2014

My Project

I love having the blog all caught up so I can get back to doing my weekly posts.
Here it goes for this week:

Since we've gotten all settled in and things are back in a routine, I've been feeling like doing a project. I decided the bookcase I picked up at a garage sale would be perfect.
A couple weeks ago we went garage sale-ing and picked up some awesome finds!
My favorites were this bookcase for $2(it's real wood) and our new entertainment center for $4
Mike's favorite was his new golf bag for $5
O's favorites were his golf set for $1.50 and some bathtime boats
Pretty great day, huh?!

The bookcase had been painted red, but the paint was peeling off of the sides pretty bad and they had let their kids stick stickers all over it. (I firmly believe there are definitely things stickers are not allowed to be stuck to... including bookcases.)
I started by peeling all the stickers off while it was still hot from being outside. Then, I took some Raid to the spider sacks covering it and broomed it off. It was now allowed to come in the house, where it sat for a couple weeks. It was hard for me to find time to do it when it wasn't 100* outside, so I finally decided to just throw down a paint sheet and scrape it down inside. 
Worst. Idea. Ever!


I'm still finding red paint chips stuck to everything!
That night I scraped the paint off the outside and then ran out of time. Mike said he thought it looked good like that, so I put it in it's place and left it for a couple days to decide what I thought. I liked it, so I took some sandpaper to it to rough up the edges a little more and called it good.
I love it! Easiest and cheapest project ever!
Here it is done and stocked up.



Oliver has been continuing to grow like a weed. Today he had his very first dentist appointment and was so great! He loved it and they said his teeth look great, so it was a success.
On Sunday he really wanted to wear Dad's tie to church, it was so cute!

He's been working on going to the bathroom in the potty. I'll spare you the nitty-gritty details and just say he's doing so well. He loves his big boy underwear and hasn't had too many accidents. He's such a little smarty!
He still loves his room. He goes down for nap so much better now!
Here he is waking up from his nap...

I've been trying to remember to take pictures more often, and so has O.
Here are a couple of his best ones.


I didn't mention Mike much in this post, because we've hardly seen the poor man this week!
He was blessed with the opportunity to play in the pit for the production of "Sweeney Todd" by a neighboring university. It's going to be great on his resume', but has taken over our lives this week. Tomorrow is the last night, hooray! It's been a good experience and we're so grateful for it!

We hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment